Next week, I’ll be soaking up some Gold Coast sunshine as I’m speaking at the Problogger Training Event. I’m really looking forward to this, not just because it means I can break out my summer wardrobe after living in leggings and woollens thanks to months of chilly Victorian weather.
I’m also excited to meet the other speakers include Facebook expert Amy Porterfield, marketing expert Ed Dale and photographer Trey Ratcliff.
If you’re attending the Problogger Training Event, make sure we connect!
I’ll be speaking at the following sessions:
Launch Your Freelance Writing Career – Friday 13 September, 9.45-1.40am
This is an informal Q & A session focusing on using a blog to launch your freelance writing career. I’ll be sharing the stage – or the sofa – with the lovely and talented Kelly Exeter. Bring along your questions and get ready to learn from the experts as well as attendees.
I started freelancing 14 years ago and it’s the best move I ever made in terms of my writing career. And I’m passionate about helping others take their first step into this world because it’s so incredibly rewarding.
Blogging to Build Your Business and Personal Brand – Saturday 14 September, 12noon – 12.55pm
Blogging is a powerful yet low-cost way to position yourself as a leader in your industry, convert more customers and generate more revenue streams. This session will help you:
- – Map out a blueprint on your blogging strategy (depending on what stage you are at in business – new, growing, established)
- – Determine what your blog can achieve for your business
- – Find your “brand” voice
- – Tell your “power stories”
- – Figure out whether you should include video or audio podcasts (with clear take-away instructions on how to create them)
- – Leverage opportunities to write books and speaking opportunities
- – Build your audience and brand by connecting with other bloggers and influencers.
I’m sharing the stage with none other then the PR Warrior himself Trevor Young. Both Trevor and I have built powerful platforms through blogging and will share practical strategies on how you can turn your blog into a foundation of your mini-empire.
See you on the Gold Coast!